AW15,

Easy like Sunday Morning...

18:02 Unknown 0 Comments

Good morning my little birds!

I know, I'm blogging on a Sunday, it's unheard of, but it's my first one off in about... Well, too long to even try and count! 

It's gotten me thinking about all the Sunday things that I love, and that I've missed as the seasons have melted from autumn to a very wintry winter here in Melbs.

1. Brunch

OHMYGOD FOOD. I love food, and breakfast foods in particular. Eggs, bacon, avocado, I'm all over that like Hollandaise sauce. 
When your working day starts at ten though, you miss out on that opportune brunch bracket and then by the time you eat again (because you HAVE to have breakfast before work!) it's well and truly lunch time and if you try to order poached eggs or muesli people look at you strangely. Also brunch is SUCH a social thing, that doing it alone would feel unnatural.
Now that I've reclaimed my Sundays you can be sure my Insta feed will be flooded with the stuff of food envy dreams!

2. Converse Chucks

If I could wear my Converse Chucks to work I would literally never take them off. They're so comfy, they're so cute, and they perfectly walk that casual/cool line that I so often struggle with. Weekends and sneakers were made for each other, like Nutella and strawberries. Teamed with denim, cute skirts, chunky knits, thick coats and scarves, they work with everything and make Sunday feel like Sunday, to me at least.

3. Exercise

I live near one of the most gorgeous rivers in Melbourne, the Maribyrnong river. It's a great little 4km walk that's scenic, pretty, and just generally a nice thing to do. Driving past all the morning walkers with their dogs and their bright work out gear has made me so jealous, so I can't wait to get out there soon and have a walk with my mum, or maybe some girlfriends! 
(And the best bit? THERE'S A BRUNCH PLACE AT THE END OF THE WALK!)

Cute workout gear that I want to steal

4. Bed

You have no idea how much you love your bed until you have to drag yourself from it, at six-thirty on a Sunday, and walk across FREEZING bathroom tiles to get ready for the day.
More than anything (even more than brunch) I've missed having a lie-in, in my beautiful, cosy bed, and not having to jump up and out and start being busy. I mean yeah, you can sleep in on other days you have off, but there's something about Sundays. I think it's waking up knowing that the rest of the world, and the rest of the city, is just as relaxed and easy-going as you. Knowing that everyone else is also waking up, and going 'Ah!' is sort of nice. The Sunday papers always have better lift-outs, coffee tastes better, Sundays in bed are just better than other days.

5. Cleaning & Tidying


I know, I know, I was just going on about the amazingness of laziness on Sundays, but I love a good spring clean! Folding and putting away nice, clean laundry, washing your sheets and drying them outside, so they smell like sunshine when you crawl in that night, re-arranging knick-knacks and my bedside table... All the things that I don't get time to do during the week, that make me feel a little more organised and in control of my life. I'm also a fan of all things pretty, so getting into my room and making everything perfect gives me all the warm and fuzzies.
And if I get a chance to re-arrange my make-up bags and storage? THAT'S SERIOUSLY THE BEST
#goals

6. The beach

"But it's winter!"
And...?

I love the beach, regardless of the weather. Any chance I get to be by water, I take. The same way I love walking near the Maribyrnong, walking on the beach is one of my all-time favourite things, especially at the end of a hectic week. There's something about sea air that makes me feel immediately better, no matter what's going on in my life. Sundays and sand just make sense, right?


7. Shopping


Ok, so I've never had a Blair-style splurge, but Sunday shopping is the best kind of shopping, It's more wandering and occasionally spending money than actual shopping. I love going to Puckle Street and Chapel Street in Melbourne, popping in and out of the little boutiques, the big brands, and the DFO's. I love taking time to look at different pieces, feel inspired, and pick and choose what I want. Like brunch, it's a social thing - spending an afternoon with my mum, or one of my close friends, aimlessly looking at everything from clothing to candles, is a luxury to me. 


8. Markets
Image: houseofhumble.com

Since I was little, my mum and I would get ready and go, every second Sunday of the month, to Flemington market, to look at lovely crafts, clever innovations, fresh flowers, fruits and vegetables, and to eat mini-Dutch pancakes with lemon and icing sugar. The boy started taking me to Daylesford markets about two years ago, and again, beautiful, handmade crafts and soaps, fresh produce, and unique things you can't find anywhere else. And donuts. 
There's something about Sunday markets that I absolutely adore. It could just be the mini-Dutch pancakes talking, but I love the idea of shopping local and organic. The best Pink Lady apples I've ever eaten came from a farmer at Flemington market. Wandering around in the sun, picking up trinkets and no-where-else-one-of-a-kind things, and apples, is my idea of a perfect Sunday. 



Well there you have it, little birds, my favourite Sunday things. Stay tuned for what's on my face on these lazy Sundays. 
I hope you all enjoy a sleep-in, some brunch, and most importantly some time in the gorgeous winter sunshine with your favourite people.

Until next time,
Tweet tweet xx







You Might Also Like

0 comments: