#australiscosmetics #almaycosmetics #forevernew #sportsgirlau,

January/February Faves!

00:06 Unknown 0 Comments

I am a terrible person, I was hoping to get these out to you by the end of February but now we're four days into March! I'm sorry my little birds!



L-R: Kikki K planner, Pores Be Pure Mud Mask, Australis Finishing Spray, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri,  Stay Matte Rimmel Setting Powder, MAC Snob Lipstick, MAC Chatterbox Lipstick, Mocha Wallet, Maybelline Undereye Concealer, Australis Stay Put Foundation, Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette, Abode Aroma Intense Candle, Vaseline hand and cuticle cream, Palmer's All Over Firming Lotion, St Tropez Tan Mousse in light/medium, Soap & Glory Oats Smoothie Scrub. 

First up is my Kikki K planner, which I grabbed during their post-Boxing Day Sales. Can I just say I'm now a Kikki K convert? Aside from being my favourite colour (mint!) it has literally saved my behind this year, keeping me up to date with everything from birthdays, appointments, to remembering to drink more water! They're completely customisable, with various accessories and add-ins available online and in Kikki K stores. Such a good purchase, big thanks to Miss (well, Mrs now!) Maddy for inspiring me! 
This year I'm focusing on myself, and doing what I need to do to feel good, balanced, and happy in my life. Whilst that sounds borderline douchey and philosophical, it also translates to GOOD investments. Kikki K products are GOOD, high quality leather, and as you can purchase re-fills annually, they're very sustainable and will last for years and years to come. 

My Pores Be Pure Mud Mask was something I bought a sample pack of once, just to try, and became addicted to. At only roughly nine dollars a tube, it doesn't cost a lot to give myself a treat one-to-three times a week; I was concerned the first time I tried the product, as it tingles and grows warm on your skin. Having used it over the last six months I've found that not only does it not make my skin angry, it leaves it feeling clean and glowing. 

Australis have been knocking it out of the park for me lately! The Finishing Spray smells like roses and feels like mermaids are caressing your face before you leave for work. Not even exaggerating.
I've been raving to my friends about the Stay Put 16 Hour Foundation because it actually does what it says - stays put! My only complaint is that even the lightest shade, Nude, is still too dark for my (unfortunately) pasty skin. That, however, is a small complaint considering how good my skin looks with this foundation, and how long it really does last. Working long days in retail means that not only do I not have time to re-apply my make-up, I don't really want to think about doing it on my breaks. 
     To combat the darkness of my foundation shade, as well as really setting my make up to last all day, I have been adoring Rimmel's Stay Matte translucent powder. Sprinkle of Glitter (a.k.a. Louise) and Substance for Belle  both raved about this powder for so long that when I saw it on sale, I figured, why not give it a go?
I'm never going back to another setting powder! I'll still use my Australis compact on-the-go, but for setting and buffing, this stuff is king!

This is my ugly old mug after a solid fifteen hours of wearing my Stay Put foundation.
IT. STAYS. PUT!

SALLY HANSEN INSTA-DRI WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!

HOLY MOLEY. I am a SERIAL smudger/lumper/mess-up-er when it comes to nail polish! I'm actually the worst. You know that meme 'thought my nails were dry three hours ago/went to do something/nope'? That's me. Well, it WAS me - you put this stuff on two minutes after you apply a coat of colour, wait thirty seconds AND IT'S DRY
NOT STICKY DRY
NOT EVEN SLIGHT FINGER PRINTS LEFT DRY
DRY
Now I was lucky enough to receive my bottle in a Sally Hansen pack that came with any Chemist Warehouse purchase. Usually it goes for around $14 at Priceline, but obviously keep an eye out for deals, 3 for 2 promotions, and of course, free gifts with purchase. This stuff is amazing, I cannot recommend it highly enough!
My nails do, unfortunately, still chip after use, but to be fair, my nails never last more than a day once I'm at work. I've tried nearly everything and the only time my nails haven't been wrecked by the end of a shift is after a professional salon gel job, and guuurrrrl I do not have the money to be doing that regularly.

I was extremely spoilt on my 21st birthday, and I'm so very grateful and feel so special that so many lovely people thought of me and gave me such gorgeous, thoughtful gifts. I received two MAC lipsticks, my first ever, from a group of friends, and I'm in love. They're my babies, I keep them in their boxes and the zipper compartment of my bag, I never let them out of my sight haha!
The shades I have are 'Snob', an almost-nude pink, and Chatterbox, a pink/coral/bright shade that I love.
Chatterbox and Snob 

Admittedly I've been using Snob a little more, just as I find it's a little more matte and neutral compared to Chatterbox. For work I like to emphasise my eyes, so having a subtle pink works best for me day-to-day. When I do wear Chatterbox, I get that many compliments it's not funny! 
Snob on top
Chatterbox beneath

Speaking of thoughtful, beautiful birthday presents, my work girls spoilt me rotten with a whole collection of gorgeous items, including Too Faced's Naturals Eye Palette


I AM IN LOVE. I don't think I've used a single other palette since December. Some of the darker shades aren't quite day-wear appropriate, but make beautiful liners and shades for cut-creases as well. I'll even use Silk Teddy as a highlighter instead of blush. Such a beautiful collection of colours, and I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a palette that can do nice, neutral day looks, as well as smokey eyes for nights out, this is my pick! (However word is Mecca will soon have the Too Faced Naturals Matte Palette and that may become a new favourite by the end of March!)
(Speaking of Mecca and March, HOW FREAKIN' EXCITED AM I FOR URBAN DECAY?! LOTS!)

Of course, perfecting your eyeshadow game means nothing if you've got big, fat circles under your eyes, and summer heat doesn't make for a peaceful night's sleep, lemme tell you! So imagine my absolute DELIGHT to find Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer. HOLEY RUSTED METAL BATMAN. With Goji berry extract and a foamy roller ball, this goes on like a dream and really, truly works! I couldn't believe it! I've never had an under eye concealer work so well, and so nicely too. As you can see in the photo I've nearly gone through the tube, and I'll definitely be repurchasing as soon as I can! 

The Vaseline Hand & Cuticle cream is a staple in my handbag. I don't find it as hydrating as the Palmer's hand, foot and elbow cream, but it is definitely more quickly absorbed. I'm the worst at remembering to moisturise, so having this in my bag and having to look at it every time I grab my wallet or phone reminds me to do it!

I've said before and I'll say it again; Soap and Glory Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub is AMAZING and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it. 
Did you get that? LOVE IT.
For starters it smells like how I imagine American breakfasts do, all sugary and maple-syrupy, and amazing. It's a nice, smoothing scrub that doesn't leave my skin stinging afterwards (unless I've scrubbed too hard by accident) and my skin is smoother than a baby's bottom after wards.

Perfect for using before tanning, and I have to say, I now understand the hype around St. Tropez. One of my last posts from 2014 mentioned me buying the tan on sale, and I'm so, so glad that I did. It's a green based mousse that goes on smoothly with a beautiful finish, and doesn't look harsh or fake or orange. I'm very careful with how I use this tan, as it can stain your hands, and I leave my arms and legs out straight for about an hour after I apply, to make sure I don't smudge or mess it up. The problem with St. Tropez, for me, is the price. On sale I could justify the mousse and the mitt (which washes and dries like a dream, and is always ready to-go for application!), but coming in at closer to $50 than I'd like, I'm afraid this will be my first, and possibly only bottle. It IS on sale this week at Priceline so hopefully I'll be able to duck in and grab another, but no guarantees! This time around I might try the gradual tan, just so I can compare it against the Palmer's Cocoa Butter tan.

Palmers is another brand that's been surprising me lately, especially the Firming Lotion. I mentioned this product in a post earlier last year; I grabbed it just to try, and fell in love. It actually works! My thighs appear smoother, my skin feels better, and I've been recommending it to anyone concerned about cellulite, stretch marks, or skin tone. Team it with the Scrub and you'll have skin to die for!

More birthday goodies!

My work team are incredible. They're also thoughtful, generous, and kind, and heard me mentioning that I'd been looking for a new wallet. Imagine how excited and grateful I was to open my new Mocha wallet! IN MINT! Honestly these girls know me too well - it's gorgeous, it's patent leather, it fits everything I could ever need, and I adore it. Mocha are quite a cute little boutique style of stores found in most Melbourne shopping centres; they also stock Samantha Wills jewellery, if anyone else is in love with the Bardot Bohemian rings like I am! 

My gorgeous girl Hanna gave me the Abode Aroma candle in pineapple and guava, and in case you can't tell, I've nearly burnt it down to the quick! I LOVE THIS CANDLE. I light it nearly every night before bed, and it smells so summery and fresh. I leave its lid off during the day, so that when I come home my room smells like a mini-tropical get away.

That gorgeous china with the Lindt balls is Royal Albert, the Miranda Kerr collection. I was absolutely SPOILT and surprised, and humbled to receive the cake stand, tea strainer, as well as the tea cup, saucer and plate. They're absolutely beautiful and I know I'll keep them forever, and pass them down to my granddaughters one day. 
Fun fact about me: I collect tea cups. I think it's residual tea party obsession from when I was a little girl. 

Well that is it for now, my little birds! Any questions about any of the products mentioned, please just leave them in the comments - or if you've used any of these yourself PLEASE tell me what you think? Am I totally wrong? Is there something better I should be trying? Something I should know! Tweet it loud, tweet it proud! 

Until next time, 
Tweet tweet xx






You Might Also Like

0 comments: