#beauty,

Come with me as I go from brunette to blonde!

03:28 Unknown 0 Comments

Hello little birds!

It's been almost a full year since I was blonde. What appealed to me the most was that going to a shade closer to (what I thought) was my original colour, I wouldn't have to deal with re-growth as often, saving me time and money that the blonde definitely did NOT.

Before I went to brunette, this is what I was dealing with.

As you can see my blonde was very brassy, re-growth coming through, the ends were dead and it was a struggle to deal with, and unhealthy. Something needed to change because as most blondes will tell you (even the natural ones!) it's not an easy colour to keep up. 


I won't lie, my first dive into brunette/balyage was much, much too dark and I was a little scared. WHAT had I gotten myself into? I looked so pale! I loved the balyage but I felt the hair closest to my face, and my roots, was borderline gothic.
I'd gone from a brassy blonde, above, to this:
Ignore the awkward facial expression, I think I was in shock. 
This is a few hours after the dye job, so you can see the dark marks on my skin. It took a little while to get used to seeing my own reflection! This was February 2014 - new semester, new hair. 

Fast forward to May 2014, and my re-growth was looking GREY. GREY! I'm only 20!
My hair wasn't turning old, I'd just misjudged my original colour. I'm naturally a very, very cool blonde/brunette colour, and unfortunately, against a bold, almost auburn brunette, that colour looks grey, even though it definitely isn't. My second attempt came out much, much better, richer and slightly lighter. 
As you can see the balyage has been pulled up a little higher, almost level with the cheekbone, which again softened the dramatic dark dye job no. 1
I loved this colour and the ombre, but as with all blonde ends, they began to split. That's why August this year I opted for a lob! 
August 2014 - the length was JUST at shoulder, and the balyage was still sitting at a comfortable spot - the brunette was also a lot softer than February, and without the dead ends weighing it down, my hair felt much lighter and heavier. 
Now we're in December (WHERE DID THE YEAR GO? NO SERIOUSLY I'M REALLY CONCERNED) and as much as I've enjoyed my hair this year, I need to be blonde again. I felt happier, brighter and more smiley as a blonde. For reference, 2011-2013 I went from a half head of foils 

To a full head of foils and full fringe by the middle of 2012
 

I loved being platinum, Barbie blonde, and I did love my fringe BUT HOLY MOLEY FRINGES ARE HARD WORK AND I'M STILL GROWING THAT SUCKER OUT. This time around I'm aiming for an ash-balayage blonde
Here are a few of my hairspo images!
I'll keep you all updated as I go from brunette-balayage back to blonde! (Fingers crossed it's not a disaster zone!)

Tweet tweet xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments: