#events #mootd,

Sheer Glow, Sheer WOW

02:42 Unknown 0 Comments

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.
WOW.
Oh wow.

Species Sparrowtus Dorkius
This is my face approx. ten minutes after I visited the lovely ladies at Mecca and had my make-up done. It hurts my heart to say that my beloved Inglot has either changed its formula, or my skin has changed, or something weird is going on with the universe, because my favourite YSM foundation just isn't what it used to be. Don't get me wrong, it looked beautiful, but three hours into a working day and my nose was a trainwreck, and no matter what primer/setting powder/finishing spray I used, it didn't help.

So I ventured to my happy place, to my beloved Mecca Maxima, to find something with the lasting power of my Australis Stay Put, the colour match of my Bobbi Brown Longwear, and the finish of my Inglot YSM. Easy job right?

I wandered around the aisles, looking at NARS in particular, because a lot of my work friends have been recommending it to me. I meant to get some samples, but the lovely Mecca girl saw me hovering and offered show me how the NARS Sheer Glow would look on my face. I explained my situation (with work, and getting sick of bad colour matches), and even mentioned my little allergic reaction (UGHHH), and within five minutes I was hooked, because HOLY SHIZBALLS, it's the best colour match I've ever had.

I know, I know, I promised I'd use up my other foundations before I bought another new one, but hear me out. The NARS Sheer Glow, in Mont Blanc, is literally the best colour match I've ever found in a foundation. The only other times my make-up has looked this perfect is when it's been done professionally, and girrrrl that can't happen daily. Australis Stay Put will still be my go-to in summer, and when I have a tan, and I think my Inglot will be perfect for nights out because it has no SPF. I did end up using up all of my Bobbi Brown, but I'm so glad I didn't repurchase. I've been using my NARS for about four days and I'm so, so impressed, I still can't believe how well this product is sitting on my skin.

This is my mug wearing Inglot YSM foundation in 41

If you look at my hairline you can see that shade 41 isn't quite matching my skin tone. Even the tiny bit of neck visible under my scarf doesn't match my skin. This is first thing in the morning, so as you can see the finish is quite matte and flawless.
NARS doesn't have any of these problems, at all, and is still matte, and perfect. It matches my skin tone so well, and I haven't had to conceal anything!

I still use Bobbi Brown concealer under my eyes (because these nine hour shifts and six day streaks are killing me folks) and set my T-Zone with my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. AND THAT'S IT. The only comparable experience is using my Australis Stay Put foundation, but that product did need to be set occasionally with more powder throughout the day (because summer and sweat and ick). I've struggled with blemishes throughout my teenage years (and unfortunately to this day) and I can't believe that I don't need to conceal any of my blemishes or redness. It's actually incredible! 


I think I love you. 

Keep in mind I've only been using this foundation for a little under a week. For all I know, in the next two days my face could blow up and becoming a blemished, horrible mess, but I'm feeling hopeful!

My face today - no filter, still can't believe that finish!

Stay tuned little birds, because I have some news about the inversion method and my hair! And remember how I said I needed a new, better cleansing method? I think I've found it!

Bottom line: if you're looking for a sheer, buildable, full coverage foundation that offers near perfect colour matches, NARS Sheer Glow could be the one for you!

Until next time, 
Tweet tweet xx



You Might Also Like

0 comments: