#PricelineAustralia #mnyau,

Maybelline FIT ME did not fit me. At all.

20:59 Unknown 0 Comments

Before I post the image that you'll see below, I just really want to emphasise that I'm ok, my skin will be ok, and I'm not in any pain or suffering any kind of irritation.

I woke up on Wednesday morning thinking that hey, my skin may have a few pimples at the moment, but it'll be all right. When I saw my cheeks, however (more commonly known as the G zone, opposed to my usually oily and problematic T zone) I scrapped that thought and replaced it with "OH MY GOD".


The photos above haven't been altered or had any sort of Instagram filter put on them. Those angry, red and pink blotches were a bit more vivid in real life, and they weren't pleasant at all. 

I mentioned in an earlier blog that the FIT ME stick foundation was for occasional use - the last time I'd used this product more than a few days in a row, it'd irritated my skin a little, but not to this extent. This time around I'd used the FIT ME stick to contour perhaps four days in a row, and obviously my skin did not appreciate it. 

As much as I would love to give this foundation the benefit of the doubt, after I stopped using it all together my skin calmed down SIGNIFICANTLY, and I'm unfortunately now certain that it was definitely the foundation that set it off. 

I may use this product again in future for nights out, where I need heavier make-up or a heavier contour, but otherwise it'll be shelved.

I want this to serve as a warning to my little birds with sensitive skin - stick foundations are heavy-duty, long-lasting, and for want of a better word, cake wear. Unless you are appearing on stage, need heavy, full coverage, or are heading to an event (such as a wedding or formal), I would recommend staying CLEAR of this product, or, not using it at all. 

Sorry to be a downer! I promise my next blog will be a lot more cheery! 

Tweet tweet xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments: