beautybyasparrow,

SEPTEMBER

03:18 Unknown 0 Comments

Skin4theWin



This is a beauty blog (obviously) but aside from real beauty coming from within, real beauty also comes from what’s underneath your make-up – your skin! If you’ve been following me for a while you’ll know these three commonalities of my skin to be true;

1.      It still breaks out, despite the lack of adolescence
2.    SENSITIVITY OUT THE WA-ZOO; if there’s a way to freak out about something, my skin will find that way and ACE it (I’m nothing if not a high achiever)
3.    It likes to be dry, and not the good kind of martini dry, just plain dry
So by September this year I’d managed to settle myself into a routine that my skin actually not only tolerated, but seems to still thrive from.

DAYTIME
First things first (I’m the realest) I use a creamy cleanser (Swisse is still a fave, as is Kate Somerville Goat’s Milk) to wake myself up and get my skin ready for the day ahead. I then use a nourishing eye cream (Kate Somerville AgeArrest, ah!) followed by a hydrating serum, Dr Dennis Gross’s HydrationBooster. So, so good. I then pop on my moisturiser of choice (September, Darphin Hydraskin Rich, today, Drunk Elephant La La Retro Whip Cream) and to seal in all that skin-fun-time-goodness, a beautiful oil. My pick? Goldfaden MD Fleuressence. A blend of eight different oils designed for acneic, pimple-prone skin, that dries into the skin super quickly but leaves it luminous and fresh. Topped off with an SPF and ta-daaah! Skin is ready, prepped and excited to greet the day!

NIGHT TIME
Firstly – take off the mask. AaaaaAAAaLL the make-up. All the SPF. All the good stuff from the morning. Take it OFF with Nude Perfect Cleanse Omega Jelly. It’s amazing to smear your face like a Picasso and then rub it all off. Following this, I’ll either use Dr Dennis Gross Ultra Gentle Peel Pads or Sunday Riley Good Genes serum – NOT together. That’s a triple exfoliation. Dat’s bad.
If I’ve used a peel pad, I’ll be popping on more Dr Dennis Gross Hydration Booster (more water less problems). If not, I’ll follow with my moisturiser, or sometimes as a treat-yo-self, La Mer Concentrate (AH!) because it’s regenerative, hydrating and just beautiful. Following moisturiser – all of the oil. Ok, well, not all of it, but enough to make a lovely little barrier for my skin and to keep it lush.

Gotta tell ya, this routine hasn’t changed much and my skin is all the better for it. I’ve swapped out my serums as the weather’s changed this December, but this routine – cleanse, gentle exfoliation, hydrate, moisturise, nourish – it hasn’t steered me wrong yet!
#skingoalsalways


Tweet tweet xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments: