#australiscosmetics #forevernew #sportsgirlau,

Logies 2015: My Favourite Looks AND a re-creation!

04:27 Unknown 0 Comments

The TV Week Logie Awards have been and gone, full of frocks, shocks, and of course, gorgeous tans and perfect make-up!

Right off the bat, have to say my unrivalled favourite look of the night was the glowing, glamorous, GOLD winner Carrie Bickmore in Paolo Sebastian.



From the gown, to her hair, to her lip colour, to her beautiful acceptance speech, this gal didn't put a foot wrong!

Beauty-wise, aside from Carrie, three other girls caught my eye and made my jaw drop. Scherri-Lee Biggs (channel 9), Rebecca Judd (channel 9) and Lucy Nettlefold (channel 7) stole the show with their looks, and I loved each of them for different reasons. 

Lucy Nettleford. WOW.

Where to begin? For starters, that gold, winged smoky eye is incredible. A slight twist on the grey/black tones I'm used to seeing on the red carpet. THE CONTOURING. The contouring on this girl! It's incredible! And that brow game! Every part of this look is ON POINT and perfect. I love that her hair was pulled back to show off that gorgeous shadow work, but curled and soft over her shoulders. 


Bec Judd

Ah, who doesn't love Bec Judd? And her MUA, Chantelle Baker, who SMASHED IT. Honestly there's not a thing I'd change about her make-up. Beautiful contouring, full brows, smoky browns to set off her gorgeous tan, and a pale pink lip to leave her coral Jaton Couture gown as the star. The only teeny tiny thing, really teeny tiny, is the hair. I loved the cut of her gown, the v-neck and the coral lace, but I feel like leaving her hair all down covered too much of it. I would've opted for a low, sleek side sweep, perhaps a bun or braid, something soft enough to compliment the sharp lines of her gown, but a little less overwhelming. 



Scherri-Lee Biggs 

OH MY GOD THIS GIRL. THIS GIRL AND HER FACE. WHAT EVEN IS THIS. HOW. HOOOOOWWW. 

Lips? Perfect. Brows? ON POINT. Contouring? UNBELIEVABLE. Lips? So on trend it's ridiculous. Lashes? Big and beautiful! Hair? Wonderful! 

I can't even deal with this, oh my GOOOOOSSSH.

SERIOUSLY ARE YOU EVEN A HUMAN?

I asked my Instagram followers what look they'd like to see, and Scherri was the pick! So today I attempted to re-create Scherri's look (by Jade Kisnorbo) in my little bathroom sitting on the floor.


Not too bad!

Scherri has a long face, whilst mine is quite round and for want of a better word, fat. Likewise Scherri has these beautiful almond-shaped eyes, whilst again, mine are quite round. The shape of the liner and the effect of the shadows was never going to be exactly the same. I also blended the bejesus out of the shadows as I was going to uni and a cafe, not a red carpet haha!

I loved the smoke and drama of Scherri's look, but I had to make this wearable for a daily outing. For that reason I also avoided false lashes, which would have really emphasised the darkness and drama of her eyes. 
The lip shade is perhaps a step down from hers, however I am LOVING Bitten by Sportsgirl right now and any chance I get to wear it, I take! 

For my hair, I knew I wouldn't have time to achieve the volume and texture of Scherri's hair, so I left my damp hair in a French braid overnight, and combed my fingers through the waves before I left. 

I also love that this look gave me a chance to use my AC On Tour palette PROPERLY. As I suspected, this palette was wonderful for helping me to capture the drama and severity of Scherri's contouring, and for a look that is so fabulous and formal, the powders worked like a charm!



Some nice contouring work happening!




To replicate the look, I used a hodge podge of different products. For my base I used my Cetaphil moisturiser, Face of Australia matte eye primer,  and Nude Airbrush primer. To re-create the smoky shadows, I used the Too Faced Natural Eyes palette, and the Chi Chi Glamorous Bases palette. The Maybelline New York Hyperglossy liner allowed me to create a fine line with great shine, and a teeny tiny wing like Scherri's. Maybelline also helped me to conceal the bags under my eyes (they're Gucci) with the Revitalise concealer, and I used the Australis 4 in 1 concealer creams to cover up redness. Today I played it simple with my Maybelline NY Dream Pure BB cream, and my Rimmel Stay Matte powder for setting. I used the Chi Chi Rose blushes, after I'd had some fun with my AC On Tour palette. I tried to re-create Scherri's big, black lashes with the Australis Mega Lash mascara, topped with the Spotsgirl Fibre lash mascara. 

I tried my best and I felt pretty glamorous today, must say! 

Stay tuned, I'll be posting more recreations of my favourite Logies looks later this week!

Until next time,
Tweet tweet xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments: