dayoff,

OCTOBER

22:32 Unknown 0 Comments

Keep it simple, stupid.



October arrived far too quickly for my liking this year. That said it was probably because October saw me submitting my thesis, my brain baby, a piece of work ten months in the making, without doubt one of the biggest, hardest things I’ve ever done.

So why oh why would I complicate one of the trickiest times of my year by having an overly complicated beauty routine?

By October I’d perfected the ‘I’m-maybe-wearing-a-bit-of-make-up-but-it’s-so-minimal-I-could-also-not-be’ face for uni, days in the library, and days where a full face wasn’t immediately needed.

For all my skincare picks, flip back to the last post of blogmas.
Following my Too Faced Hangover Primer (ultra hydrating coconut-water based make-up prep) I usually turn to the Too Faced Natural Eyes palette. 












Sometimes I’ll prime, sometimes I won’t; I go for a mix of the two matte shades, Heaven and Nudie, as I find they colour correct my purple-toned lids and the Heaven shade (a light cream) brightens my eyes so I look awake. Then it’s time for brows – lightly filled in with the Hourglass Arch in warm brunette. A waterproof wax pencil that makes them look a little less sparse and a little more Brooke Shields. 





The one thing I refuse to give up or compromise on, even on days off, is mascara. Nope, not happening, NOT TODAY SON – the bigger and bolder my lashes, the more doll-like, the better. Lately I’ve been favouring the Perversion Mascara by Urban Decay (star of blogmas July), as it is the blackest black mascara imaginable.

















After eyes, I use my fingers to apply Bare MineralsComplexion Rescue in vanilla. The formula is an oil-free gel cream that gives medium coverage with SPF 30+ UVA/UVB protection, and a really dewy finish. 

Always followed by an under eye concealer – my pick being the Smashbox CameraReady BB Cream with SPF 15 (all the SPF possible) which brightens and colour corrects under the eye. The amazing thing about Smashbox is that all of their products – even the ones with SPF – don’t give a flashback when photographed. 



If I’m having a bad skin day (common in times of extreme stress, like thesis submission) I’ll conceal with Nars Radiant Creamy concealer in vanilla. It contains turmeric which helps any blemishes to heal, as well as tone down any redness.







For cheeks, I pop on a little Stila Convertible Colour inPetunia. A bright, happy pink that always makes me smile. Over the top of this I blend – you guessed it – Josie Maran Argan oil Illuminiser along my cheek bones, a tiny bit on my cupid’s bow and the tip of my nose.














Everything is set with Luminous Light by Hourglass and that’s it! My simple face, daily, easy-as, glowy, hydrating and all-round “Yes I do that Natural Beauty Thing” appropriate.

If you can’t do something simply you can’t hope to master it!

Tweet tweet xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments: