#beauty,

JUNE

02:06 Unknown 0 Comments

Ok so you know how sometimes it takes you a while to get on board with something? Whether that be smashed avocado, matcha green lattes (still not quite there guys, give me time), Game of Thrones/Stranger Things/Black Mirror/- insert latest Netflix obsessive show here – or exfoliating with chemicals (still embarrassed about that one), sometimes it takes time to come around to something new.

That’s kind of what happened with La Mer and I. Not that I disliked the brand or anything – don’t get me wrong, I’m all for a luxe brand featuring a fish tank in David Jones – but not unlike, say, myself and a model working Melbourne Spring Fashion Week, we just never crossed paths. I might’ve passed on my way to Priceline and taken a glance, but never had a chance/opportunity/means of going to a La Mer counter, or visiting the shelves at Mecca in Myer.



Enter; The Mother of All Reactions. Ooh boy.
I’m not entirely sure why or how my skin felt the need to freak itself out over a light Argan oil blend, but BOY HOWDY did I hear that freak out loud and clear.

















My skin felt like it was cracking. So dry that no amount of my normal serum or moisturiser could help. Make-up? Not an option. My face just hurt. I can’t even really describe it; I just know that at one point I cried to Mumma Sparrow about how bad it all felt.
I knew I had a little sample of Crème de La Mer that I’d been holding onto for Mumma Sparrow, having read and heard all about its regenerative, healing properties. After consulting with Centaine (glossco.com.au) and sussing out whether the La Mer would worsen the situation (she assured me it wouldn’t) I decided to give it a crack.

The photo speaks for itself really. 



A week after using the original cream my skin was unrecognisable. I couldn’t believe it. Gone were the dry patches, and the redness, the uneven texture, and my face didn’t hurt anymore. Break outs… eh not much can be done about them when I’m unable to use AHA’s or any kind of spot treatment (skin dealing with a reaction shouldn’t use anything too active because the last thing it needs is something full-on to contend with) but the inflammation brought on by a break out most definitely died down.
As winter wound its way through Melbourne I came back to La Mer again and again, eventually getting onto the Renewal Oil and I think it’s the main reason my skin didn’t totally collapse on itself during a harsh, cold season. La Mer is a brand I now trust absolutely and completely for my skin, and will probably have an everlasting love with til the day I forget what skincare is.


Tweet tweet xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments: