hair,

Fast February

21:35 Unknown 0 Comments

Hello little birds!

I don’t know about y’all but I blinked and February was GONE, plain GONE. We’re already in the last week. It’ll be March far sooner than I’d like it to be. I had so many plans for this blog for February but as we all know, life is what happens in the interim.
So without further ado, here’s an update on the things making my life easier (and prettier) during this rapidly disappearing month!


(pictured L-R; TopShop bikini top, Sportsgirl earrings, Sugar & Cotton ‘Unicorn’ make-up brushes, Neutrogena Hand Cream, Dr Dennis Hydration Booster, La Mer ‘The Renewal Oil’, Urban Decay Illuminated Trio, This Works Energy Boost, Too Faced Sweet Peach Creamy Oil Gloss, the Modern Renaissance Palette by Anastasia Beverly Hills, Samantha Wills Bohemian Bardot ring, Quay sunnies, Mecca Cosemetica Mineral Sunscreen, Byredo Bal D’Afrique EDP)



Years ago I bought a pair of Alannah Hill bikini bottoms on discount that were white and navy striped. High waisted, flattering, rouched at the front, perfect! Except… no matching top in my size. Oy.
So for the last few years I’ve mixed and matched different tops, never quite finding the right one. This summer, however, we’ve had a break through!
The perfect shade of blue to compliment the stripes, a flattering frill, and a top that holds the gals down. This top does come with a matching bottom, but as said, bottoms were well taken care of.

Sportsgirl Tassel Earrings

Rose gold, and opalescent stones, and little beads and aahhhh. I saw these earrings in store and I don’t even really remember picking them up, I just sort of walked out with them in a bag? Like the need to purchase them was so strong I forgot actually purchasing them? Anyway they have become my favourite go-to statement accessory, and earned themselves some mass Instagram love the first time I wore them. And of course rose gold – how could I not?

Sugar & Cotton Unicorn Brushes

Ooooh boy. If you saw my Instagram post a few weeks back you’ll know all about these dreamboats. Ethically made brushes from a new start up, crafted to look like unicorn horns, with part of the proceeds going towards US student literacy programs. What’s not to love?!
They’re so, so ridiculously soft and just so damn pretty I know I’ll love them forever.

Neutrogena Hand Cream

This $7.50 hand cream comes pharmacy recommended and it’s the only thing that takes care of my weird psoriasis-dermatitis-eczema thing on my hands (that are always dry anyway) that oddly comes up whenever I’m super stressed? Anyway this balm is a literal life saver. I’m talking my hands being so badly chapped and dried that they were cracking and bleeding – this is the only thing that helps them and does a proper job of it.


Ohmygod do I love this stuff. Ohmygod ohmygod. It can be used as a serum, mixed into moisturiser, mixed into make up, pressed on top of make up… Ah!
I use this as my serum and my skin loves it. Plump, juicy skin results and I don’t get that awful ‘tight’ feeling during the day, even if I’m wearing a full face of make up.


This has been a long time coming, and by that I mean, I’ve saved my pretty pennies and used vouchers and waited until I absolutely could not live without this anymore. The Renewal Oil combines Miracle Broth with natural actives to revitalise and restore the skin. For me? It takes care of dry patches, evens my skin out, helps any blemishes to heal themselves up a little quicker, also aids in preventing blemishes from happening sometimes, and gives my skin that Chrissy Teigen glow which really, aside from everything she cooks and her #goals marriage and cute bubba, isn’t that what we all want? Hot tip from Clare at Mecca; sleep in a layer of this over Sunday Riley’s Good Genes (which I’ve raved about before) for the best, glowiest, freshest skin of yo’ life. It’s actually life changing skin care.

Urban Decay Illuminated Trio

I’m sorry to say this guy was limited edition, but I’m not sorry to say that I got it and I love it and and and just look at the swatches! Look at them! Look at the pigment! The shimmer! The glow! 


I love layering them one over the other for a multidimensional, unique glow look. I also love brushing the shade ‘Oasis’ over my shoulders and collarbones on a night out.

This Works Energy Breathe 

My best friend during stressful, thesis, I-can’t-do-this-anymore-and-I’ve-exceeded-my-daily-caffeine-limit friend, this guy has actually been helping me get to sleep on these particularly sticky, awful summer nights. Something about the aromatherapy benefits must really work with my system – my head feels clearer, my body unwinds, and I can feel myself relaxing as soon as this guy’s rolled over my pulse points. Is it a placebo affect? I honestly don’t care. To be able to fall asleep within 10-15 minutes of going to bed is amazing for me and my highly strung brain. So regardless of whether it’s “real” or not, it’s a winner for me.



You may have seen me sporting Stila’s Venezia on my Instagram posts because I love the coral-red shade – however matte lips aren’t always my best friend because my lips are almost always dry (like the rest of my skin). But I love that coral-red shade! Enter: new lips from Too Faced. Cream oil glosses that mildly stain the lip, provide hydration, smell like peach pie, and look really, really cute in Boomerangs. Check the swatch for colour pay-off – so bright! But still so buildable and creamy! Peachy perfect.

 Yup. I did it. The Insta famous, gorgeous, pigmented, heavenly palette is finally mine and as I’ve already said those pigments GOT ME SHOOK. 


Check the swatches.
YEAH. THOSE ARE REAL COLOURS. The Burnt Orange in particular is a new fave. Add the fact that I’ve studied Renaissance history and art quite a bit in my time, and this palette is well on its way to being one of my most coveted beauty possessions.

















Almost like red lipstick, but in jewellery form. Pretty much, no matter what I’m wearing or doing, if I put this ring on I suddenly feel a heck of a lot more sophisticated and cooler than I actually am. I adore Samantha Wills jewellery and I find the white stone works with pretty much everything in my wardrobe, whether it be boyfriend jeans and a tee, or a sun dress and Chucks.


These cat eye, matte black framed sunnies are not only my favourites, but they cover my whole eye area (I’m constantly getting burnt under my eyes which is the worst place to be burnt aside from the butt) and protect my eyes from sun strain. And they just look so gorgeous on! Gotta love being sun smart and chic.


I’ve raved about this already but I need to go again because it’s seriously so lovely. No reactions, no break outs, and more importantly, no sunburn. I love this as a daily option, but also underneath my make up. My only tiny qualm is the pump doesn’t always want to be my friend, but even then it’s so easy to twist open! Yay for being sun smart!


This scent was inspired by Paris in the 1920’s at the beginning of the Modernist/jazz movement. Think the movie Midnight in Paris in parfum form. Personally I love it because it kinda smells like cake? Think heady summer evenings, buttery smooth vermouth and low jazz on a hot night, a haze of cigarette smoke in the air with the quiet French chatter in the background.

Links are in the titles because I figure if I love something maybe you’ll maybe like it a lot too. February was literally a blur, but these favourite things made it a fun, buttery-scented blur!
Until next time,

Tweet tweet xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments: