#rulebreaking #spfx #naturalbeauty #artistry #crueltyfree #urbandecay,

JULY

03:30 Unknown 0 Comments

Melbourne might’ve been cooling down, but my make-up bag was heating up come July. Urban Decay need no introduction – if you’re here, you like beauty, and if you like beauty and sometimes even glance at Instagram you’ll already know the brain child of Wende Zomnir (former beauty queen/current surfer chick/all-round badass) and its reputation for high pigment, high impact products that last all night long.

I’ll never forget ordering my own Naked palette – at that point it was the most luxe, most expensive palette I’d bought for myself, ever, and the packaging reflected that too. Who makes the perfect neutrals palette and then covers it in velvet?!? (Urban Decay do). And that brush that comes with it isn’t your average, let’s-tack-on-a-double-sponge-applicator-for-the-lol’s deal, it’s a full on, multitasking, synthetic fibre double-ended brush, that works amazingly well for all of my shadows, not just Urban Decay.


That said, holy heck, Urban Decay knows how to pull together a good eye shadow palette. Never mind the Naked range, the Electric palette, and the individual shadows give insane colour payout. My favourites? The Moondust shadows. Oh. My. God. So, so, incredibly beautiful and iridescent – I myself use Cosmic, a slightly translucent, silver-based glitter, but my next fave has to be Space Cowboy (because it makes me sing ‘Maurice!’ in my head) as it’s a champagne, rosy based shimmer that makes it look like your eyes have been gilded with rose gold. And who doesn’t want that?!





The Vice lipsticks are also insane. Mainly because there’s one hundred of them. (ONE HUNDRED. 100. WHAT COMPANY BRINGS OUT 100 LIPSTICKS AT ONCE?) Ranging from cream, to sheer, to matte, to comfort matte, literally any and every colour you can think of (from the perfect red to royal blue and a true purple) is available, with a matching lip liner. So ONE HUNDRED LIP LINERS as well. Oh my God. No, I haven’t bought all one hundred (despite the temptation), but I’ve given quite a few as gifts as they come in at $28AUD – which, for the amount of pigment and the texture, is a really good price. Everyone I’ve gifted a Vice lippy to has loved it immediately, and it makes for the perfect Insta selfie. That and Ruby Rose is a pretty cool chick (she was in Mecca Myer literally FIVE MINUTES before me! Just missed her!).
So if you’re feeling like trying something a little edgier, and wanting a cruelty free, predominantly vegan brand to boot, give into your inner Vice and check out Urban Decay this summer. Did I mention almost all the products are waterproof? Festivals and pool parties, here I come – with purple and gold eyeliner, of course.



















Tweet tweet x

You Might Also Like

0 comments: