#beauty,

APRIL

14:30 Unknown 0 Comments

So Dr Dennis Gross MD is a pretty rad guy. Dermatologist in the Big Apple, the best of the best for radiance, clarity, and just plain good skin.



He developed his Alpha Beta Peel Pads for his clients, as a way of maintaining their skin in between clinic visits. I could get super science-y here, talk about AHA’s and BHA’s, acids and neutralizers, but let’s keep it basic (like my blonde in January, HA!)



Ultra Gentle Peel Pads – 3 types of acids to exfoliate + coconut oil. Easy peasy.
Original Alpha Beta Peel Pads – 5 acids to exfoliate
Extra Strength Peel Pads – 7 acids
Medi-Spa Peel – 12 acids. Twelve! OH MAMA.

For the record, I use the Ultra Gentle range because I’m really sensitive, and if there’s even a chance my skin could freak out, it’ll do it ANYWAY because it’s thoughtful like that.

The pads are pre-packaged in sachets; you tear one, use it all over until it’s dry, wait two minutes (and scroll through Insta @beautybyasparrow) and then use the second pad to neutralise the acids eating all your manky dead skin. Follow with your normal serum and moisturiser, and boom! You’re done! Yay!

In case it wasn’t clear, these peels chemically exfoliate the skin. The acids dissolve all of the dead skin cells and are able to get deeper into the pore to exfoliate. Some skins can handle daily exfoliation. Mine cannot. Believe me, I tried. (It was not pretty.)

When using peel pads, I go 3-4 days a week. So Monday, Wednesday and maybe Friday or Sunday. They tend to send me quite red, but it calms down by morning. If you hate scrubs (put DOWN the St. Ive’s!) or struggle with break outs and pimples (YO) then these are an amazing option for you.

I love them to pieces, they’ve changed my skin for the better!

Tweet tweet xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments: