#priceline,

Autumn is here! (sort of)

02:52 Unknown 0 Comments

Hello my little birds!

Autumn is here in the city of Melbourne! Well, sort of. In true Melbourne fashion we've had days in the low twenties, high teens, and days almost reaching thirty, followed by thunder storms so vicious trees have been brought down and trains delayed.




At least it's never boring!

In the lead up to autumn and the new A/W season, I've been scouting around and trying to get some inspo for both my wardrobe and beauty looks. Knitwear is BIG this season, and I'm excited for warmer, cosy fabrics. My only criticism is that neutrals, greys and pale, pale pastels seem to be the go this season, and I'd really rather not. Autumn and winter are already such gloomy, dark seasons, I prefer to inject my wardrobe with a hit of colour over a plain basic.

Last year I came across the trick from The Beauty Department last year and I LOVE IT.



Mainly because I hate seeing carefully applied and blended foundation all over the collars of my favourite knits and scarves.
I do have a slight variation, however; at times I'll use a tissue instead of a wash cloth, simply because washing make up out of wash cloths isn't fun either.


I am desperate for some new jeans, and this year a lot of brands are offering not only a great variety, but competitive pricing. the ripped/torn denim look is back in a big way, and whilst I like it on some people I don't know that I'll like it on me - my style is more vintage, retro girly than tough and grunge.

Fashion aside, beauty is looking anything but neutral for the new season.

Once more I need to rave about Sportsgirl beauty. I used some excellent self control and only bought ONE lipstick and ONE nail polish the other week, and I was very impressed haha!
I chose the shade 'Bitten' for the lip, because it's a darker shade than I'd usually go for and it reminds me of red wine, rich stews, and falling leaves.
I cannot for the life of me remember the name of my nail polish, however I've been really into matching my nails and lip shades lately - something about the coordination makes me feel all organised and glamorous!

Here I am wearing both, and I love teaming this rich, plum-wine shade with grey, I feel like it just pops so wonderfully, no matter how dreary it is in the city!




I recently splurged with some generous Myer vouchers from my 21st, and grabbed the Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! gel push-up liner and mascara.

I like the packaging of both the liner and mascara, and they felt very special in my hands. I'd always heard great things about the mascara, and I was lucky enough to see all the "policemen" walking around Myer in the city advertising the liner. Whilst I've loved the mascara and I have found it's plumped up my lashes and made them look very curled and doll-like, the liner I've struggled with.

The tip before use
It should be noted I've never used a gel liner before, so I believe I'm going to need a little more practice before I can really 'get' it. I also found the instructions a little tricky; once you remove the orange stopper the guide said to turn it 'a few times' to get the product up, however I struggled and ended up wasting a tiny bit of product because I turned it that little too much. I've also found one twist per use hasn't worked for me, but maybe that's because I've got such huge googly eyes haha!



This season, aside from sticking to my vintage/retro strengths, I'm going to be experimenting with some different styles and dressing - dare I say it - a bit sexy.
Ripped jeans aside, I can't go past a good skinny jean, especially if it makes the butt look good. I'm also a fan of high waisted jeans - I don't have the figure just yet to pull off tucked-in shirts, but I find the denim and fit of high waisted jeans means they're far, far less lightly to stretch out and slide down.

I've yet to wear this top anywhere but I love it! (Well actually, I DO have somewhere to wear it this Friday, but you'll have to watch this space to find out what that's all about!)
I'm thinking of swapping the black over for the red, but I'm honestly such a fan of the shape that I'd love to have it in every colour of the rainbow!

I've found a pair of boots that I am loving, but saving up for - because Urban Decay launch next week and I think some of my money may coincidentally disappear - that have a LOW heel. Aside from the fact that heels aren't comfortable, I have major calf issues. Yeah, I know. Some people don't like their noses, some don't like their arms, I can't wear heels without my legs cramping up so badly the last time I was 85% I was going to die. Not fun folks, not fun at all.



Autumn/Winter isn't my favourite season, but I'm looking forward to new beauty and fashion trends and adventures, and enjoying everything the beautiful city of Melbourne can offer me this year.

Until next time my little birds,
Tweet tweet xx













You Might Also Like

0 comments: